Registrar of Vital Statistics
(908) 725-2300 X1980
(908) 725-2300 X1982
The Borough of Somerville has combined the responsibilites of the Borough Clerk and Borough Administrator into one single position.
Kevin Sluka is responsible for the statutory duties of Borough Clerk and the daily administrative operations as Borough Administrator.
The Clerk-Administrator is responsible for all Borough Council related matters and his additional statutory duties include:
- Preparation of the introduction and publication of all Borough Ordinances.
- To provide official notification of all Borough Council meetings.
- To recording official minutes of all Borough Council meetings.
- To process all license applications including; vendor, taxi drivers, towing, liquor, and raffle.
- To serve as the election officer for all local, school board and special elections.
- To complete and execute contracts on behalf of the Borough of Somerville.
- The handling of all personnel matters regarding Borough employees.
- The sending and receiving of official correspondence and communications for the Mayor and Borough Council.
Effective April 1, 2010, the Administration Department will assume responsibility for issuing vital records (Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses)
Applications for a Marriage/Civil Union License are taken by appointment only until 4:00 PM.
Order Vital Records on-line Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates
Borough of Somerville does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through its website, www.vitalchek.com, . An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.
Please click on a link below for any of these forms from the Clerk's Office.
Listing files in 'Clerk/Administrator'