July 7, 2020
* There have been 143 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Somerville.
* There have been 7 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Somerville.
* Somerset County COVID-19 testing Site is open on July 9, 2020.
Click here to register: County COVID-19 Testing Site
* General social distancing of six feet or more has been extended through July 2020.
* Somerville Borough Hall is closed to the public effective March 17, 2020.
* We encourage you to e-mail, phone, walk-up windows or use the drop- off box located outside of Borough Hall.
* The regular Borough Council meeting on Monday, July 6, 2020 will be held via teleconference.
* All public meetings at Borough Hall are canceled until further notice.
* All door to door solicitors activities are suspended.
* Non-Essential construction may resume with social distancing measures in place. Please contact the
construction office with any questions.
* We are busy making preparations to welcome you back into a district with a renewed focus on cleanliness, safety,
and walkability for your protection. We are working diligently with our restaurants and merchants to maximize
space to enable proper social distancing, and make sure that everyone is outfitted with the proper PPE/sanitation
procedures so you can enjoy the Downtown Somerville experience safely once again.
* Non-Essential retail business may resume using curbside delivery only. They will be allowed to re-open with customers in the stores on Monday, June 15, 2020.
* Restaurants are permitted to reopen on Monday, June 15, 2020 with outdoor dining only. Currently there are over 25 restaurants have opened with outside dining to customers.
* Barber shops, hair salons, and nail salons reopened on Monday, June 22, 2020.
* Downtown Somerville businesses and restaurants are here to help you get through this period of social
distancing, providing new ways to experience SOMERVILLE AT HOME from delivery and curbside
pick-up to on-line shopping and virtual classes. Please visit Somerville At Home
* Parking fees are waived in Lot 1,2,4, & 6.
* Street cleaning will continue and summonses will not be issued.
* Somervile Public Library will reopen on Monday, July 6, 2020 with limited schedule.
Friday and Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
Public Works Department
* Regular Garbage pick-up will continue.
* Regular recycling will continue but pick-ups may delayed.
* Please remember to use bulk stickers when placing items at the curb for fastest pick-up.
Stickers can be purchased in Borough Hall.
* Residents are reminded that all Borough playgrounds, workout stations, and basketball courts remain closed.
* Borough municipal pools WILL NOT be open for the summer 2020 season.
* Somerville Recreation is sending out information through Community Pass to over 2,300 subscribers.
* Somerville Recreation maintains three social media platforms- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
State and County Government
* Somerset County Administration offices are closed effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. County offices that
will remain operational for drop off of documents are; County Clerk's Office, County Election Board and the
* NJ Division of Motor Vehicle is scheduled to reopen on Monday, June 29, 2020 to walk-in customers for
* The NJ Supreme Court has approved a schedule for the re-opening of municipal courts. As of April 2, 2020
municipal courts may conduct proceedings via video or telephone with consent of all the parties.
* The tax office will be staffed from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday- Friday to receive phone calls, mailed and/or electronic payments and payments received in our drop box located on the right of the steps at borough hall. The dropbox is safe, secure and is located in the tax office. For everyone's safety, you are encouraged to use these methods.
*If you choose to make cash payments, they will be received on Tuesday and Wednesday between 9:30-12:30. When making these payments, please ring the bell at borough hall. You are asked to wait outside while they process your payment and give you a receipt if you choose to
Please continue to monitor the Borough website for additional information.
Borough of Somerville Website
COVID-19 Borough of Somerville Emergency Declaration
COVID-19 NJ Information Hub
Somerset County COVID-19 Website