The Accounts Payable Finance Clerk will perform administrative work primarily related to the Finance Office and Administration, but not limited to such offices. Responsibilities include: creating purchase orders, maintaining accounts, communicating and providing support for the Finance Department and Tax Office, preparing deposits, accepting tax payments, daily cash receipting, and opening, reviewing and sorting mail.
This is a full-time position, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and Borough Administrator.
Hours: 40 hours
Salary range: defined by ordinance
Note: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all the duties listed here. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
- Perform accounts payable duties by creating purchase orders and reviewing invoices
- Maintain list of blanket purchase orders
- Maintain list of all open purchase orders
- Communicate and provide finance support to departments
- Create bills list for bi-monthly meetings
- Obtain appropriate signatures on purchase orders
- Collate, organize and assemble purchase orders for council meeting
- Document check numbers on purchase orders
- File purchase orders after every meeting
- Maintain vendor list and add/delete vendors
- Initiate, prepare and maintain records and reports
- Open mail and filing
- Provide customer service at counter, telephone and email
- Accept payments in Tax Office
- Prepare daily deposits
- Daily cash receipting
- Perform duties as directed by the Tax Collector/CFO
- H.S. diploma or equivalent – college degree in related field preferred
- Experience in community relations and working effectively with the public
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to learn job tasks through on-the-job training
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions while being able to perform assigned work tasks in a timely fashion, without direct supervision constantly available.
- Knowledge of Edmunds financial software, Microsoft Excel and Primepoint software
- Self-starter who is good with numbers
How to apply
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Paige Elster, Chief Financial Officer, at PElster@SomervilleNJ.org.