1/4/2021 - Borough of Somerville, Somerset County seeks Social Media Coordinator (part time hourly position or interlocal) opportunity
Borough of Somerville, Somerset County seeks
Social Media Coordinator (part time hourly position or interlocal) opportunity
The Social Media Coordinator is a new position to be considered part time and hourly position, possibly working remotely and responsible for establishing various social media platforms for the Borough of Somerville. The individual would be responsible for managing the social media, collaborating with department heads. The Coordinator is responsible for creating and growing audiences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Along with maintaining a posting schedule, the Coordinator will also regularly create platform-specific content including text posts, videos, and graphics. The individual will be required to learn website editing and maintenance and be available to perform website editing (Qsend website). Under the general direction of the Administrator’s Office, the Coordinator in collaboration with Municipal Departments will be responsible for messaging of community priorities, municipal programs and various other messaging as directed. A full job description is available at www.somervillenj.org , the Borough of Somerville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and references to Kevin Sluka, Borough Administrator to email@example.com. Municipalities interested in a possible interlocal agreement or sharing an employee please details via email.
- Thorough knowledge of effective media, public relations and communications.
- Knowledge of all aspects of external communications, including but not limited to traditional and social (Facebook, Twitter) media, direct mail, online communications, conferences, press and events.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including capacity to communicate complex ideas compellingly to a variety of audiences.
- Effectively using principles of written communication, graphical layout and multimedia techniques appropriate to web-based communication, ensuring that work products are clear, usable and effectively convey the intended messages and information.
- Use of computer equipment and software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to stay abreast of local issues and current news and matters related to the City’s areas of focus.
- Work with elected officials and staff at all levels to execute organization-wide communication strategies.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize workload and manage time efficiently, meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely manner.