5/4/2022 - Free Tote Bags Available at Borough Hall
Free reusable tote bags are available at Borough Hall, in preparation for the state's ban on plastic bags.
The ban starts on Wednesday, May 4 and includes:
- single-use plastic bags
- paper bags at larger supermarkets (more than 2,500 square feet)
- polystyrene foam food service products
According to the NJDEP, exceptions to the ban include:
- a bag used solely to contain or wrap uncooked meat, fish, or poultry
- a bag used solely to package loose items such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, coffee, grains, baked goods, candy, greeting cards, flowers, bulk food, or small hardware items
- a bag used solely to contain live animals, such as fish or insects sold in a pet store
- a bag used solely to contain food sliced or prepared to order, including soup or hot food
- a laundry, dry cleaning, or garment bag
- a bag provided by a pharmacy to carry prescription drugs
- a bag for newspapers
For more information, visit BagUpNJ.com.