11/24/2022 - 5K Turkey Trot: Everything You Need to Know
Thursday, November 24 | 9 AM
We're looking forward to the 7th Annual Somerville 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Thank you to all the volunteers and sponsors! All proceeds from the race will benefit programs offered by the Somerville Recreation Department.
Engine Company No. 1
170 E. Main Street
- Online registration closes on Thursday, Nov. 17. Shirts are included for registrations received by 11:59 pm.
- Same-day registration will be open from 7:30 to 8:45 AM. $40 cash, exact change. Shirts will be provided, while supplies last.
Thanksgiving Day Schedule
- 7:30 AM - Check In and Same-Day Registration Opens
- 8:45 AM - Same-Day Registration Closes
- 8:45 to 10 AM - Rolling road closures (see below)
- 9:00 AM - Race Starts
Free parking will be available at 59 Veterans Memorial Drive East. The parking deck entrance is between Warren St. and Hamilton St. Please follow the signs directing traffic, as you approach the race site.
We will be collecting items for the Somerville Alliance for Food Education (SAFE). Please consider bringing donations of:
- Shelf Stable Food: canned milk, instant coffee, tea, juices, pasta, rice, canned/jarred fruits and vegetables, cooking oils, canned meals, cold and hot cereals, peanut butter, jelly, canned soups, canned tuna, salmon and meats, dried/canned beans, dried fruit, nuts
- Hygiene Products: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, mouthwash, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, diapers (newborn to adult sizes), wipes (body and baby), menstrual products, face wash, household cleaning supplies, toilet paper, tissues, sunscreen, combs and brushes, chapstick/lip balm, hand soap, reusable water bottles, hand sanitizer
Race Course and Road Closures
Residents: Please plan for rolling road closures from 8:45 - 10 AM on:
- Veterans Memorial Drive E
- S. Bridge Street (between Veterans Memorial Drive E and 5th Street)
- 5th Street to Center Street to 4th Street to Hamilton Street
- Southside Avenue (between Hamilton Street and Loeser Avenue)
- Loeser Avenue
- Nimitz Street to Watson Street
- Fairview Avenue to James Street to Main Street (back to Veterans Memorial Drive E)