January 31, 2024 update: We have ceased taking applications for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Assistance Payments Program. This action is being taken in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Borough’s Administrative Plan for the Section 8 Program.
We will announce when applications are being accepted again, when the current waiting list is reduced and there is a reasonable expectation that Section 8 housing units may be available.
January 29, 2024: We are now scheduling appointments for the first 30 people to complete applications to be placed on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program waiting list.
- You can schedule your appointment by calling 908-704-6971
- Appointments will be held in the Housing Office at Borough Hall, located at 25 West End Avenue
- Only the first 30 applications approved and accepted will be placed on our waiting list, at which time we will stop taking applications for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Only 1 application can be accepted per person present
- Duplicate applications or applications with false information will be disqualified
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor
Learn more about eligibility and local preference for applicants.