You can request motor vehicle accident or police reports.
Need to know
- Free, if picked up in person
- There is a fee for an online report
- It can take up to 5 business days for a police report to be ready
- Only motor vehicle accident reports are available online
Before you start
You'll need to decide if you want to pick up the report in person or get the report online. We do not provide police reports by fax or email. No information within the report is given over the phone.
- Request a report
- Online (through Lexis Nexis)
- In-person at Police headquarters
- If picking it up at Police headquarters
- Call (908) 725-0331, ext. 7336 to make sure it's ready (provide your case number when you call)
- Records Bureau is open Monday though Friday from 8:30am to 4pm (closed holidays)
Allow 5 working days before you pick up your report. When it's ready, you can pick it up at Police headquarters (24 South Bridge Street, Somerville, NJ, 08876).