You may pay your property taxes online or in person.
How to pay online
- Go to the payment portal https://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp/?wippid=1818
- Look up your account by entering the block/lot information
A convenience fee is collected by the processor for each transaction:
- $1.95 for ACH or e-checks
- 2.95% for debit/credit cards
How to pay in person
- Cash and checks are accepted in the Tax Office at Borough Hall until 3 pm daily
- Exact change is required
2023 tax rates
- Property Tax Rate: $3.862
- Sewer Tax Rate: $6.50/100CF
Property tax payments are due on:
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
- We grant a 10-day grace before interest is due on tax bills.
- If the 10th falls on a holiday or weekend, the grace period is extended to the next business day.
- 3Q 2023 taxes: The third quarter grace period was extended to August 21. If paid after this date, interest will accrue back to August 1.
2023 electronic tax sale
- On October 18, 2023 we will sell delinquencies from 2022 and prior years.
- The last day to pay online was on August 31
- Payments made after August 31 require a certified bank check, money order or cash
Tax lien redemption rates
Please email PElster@SomervilleNJ.org and provide the: Block, Lot, Location, Owner, Certificate # and date of redemption.