The municipal budget is an annual spending plan prepared by the Finance Committee and managed by the Finance office. The budget reflects the spending and expected revenues for the upcoming fiscal year, which runs from January to December.
We develop the budget annually following a specific schedule.
- Finance Department releases budget instructions to departments
- Departments meet with committees and council liaisons to prepare preliminary budgets
- Finance Committee reviews preliminary budgets
- Chief Financial officer reports preliminary budget status to Mayor and Council
- Department heads review budget requests with new council liaisons, if necessary
- Department heads submit changes to Chief Financial Officer, if necessary
- Borough Council approves a temporary budget, so we can meet our required obligations, such as payroll, debt service and other expenses until the budget is adopted
March and April
- Chief Financial Officer presents the budget and the Borough Council introduces the budget.
- There is a 28-day waiting period for the public to review the budget materials and ask questions.
- If necessary, the Borough Council makes changes in a budget amendment resolution.
- Borough Council hears feedback during the public hearing and adopts the municipal budget.
How to provide input
To provide feedback on the introduced budget, you may
- Email email@example.com with questions to be addressed at the public hearing.
- Speak directly to the Borough Council at the public budget hearing.