The Civic Center serves as the state-of-the-art meeting place for the Borough Council and the municipal boards and committees.
- 24 Robeson Street (Avalon Somerville Station apartment community)
- The entrance is in the plaza off Robeson Street
- On-street parking is free. There is a fee to park in the parking deck operated by NJ Transit.
Accessibility and WiFi
- The space is wheelchair accessible
- See the Borough Clerk to request an assistive listening device
- Free, public WiFi is available
Meetings and events
The Borough Council, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment are now meeting in the Civic Center. Other board and committee meetings will transition to the new location over the next few months. Please check the public meeting schedule to confirm the meeting location.
The space will be available for non-municipal use in 2024, as soon as regulations, rental agreements and fees are finalized.
About the Civic Center
The 4,000 square-foot Civic Center was built by AvalonBay. The developer donated the space and associated building costs and extended a 99-year lease to the Borough. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on September 27 and the Borough Council first met in the new space on October 2, 2023.