All Borough Hall offices will close at 3 pm on Friday, March 1 for mandatory staff training. The Vital Statistics office will be closed from February 29 until March 18.

Fire inspections and violations

You need to register your business or property for annual inspections. Inspections for businesses are unannounced.

If you are selling a single or 2-family home, you need an inspection to get a smoke certificate.


If you received a violation and need more than 30 days for construction and permits, you can request a time extension. If the violation is for interior finishes, you need to complete the interior finishes form (for businesses only).

Close window