The Municipal Alliance & Youth Services Commission is comprised of local representatives committed to serving the best interests of the young citizens of Somerville.
The commission helps to combat alcoholism and drug abuse by:
- Empowering residents concerned about substance abuse to provide prevention programs in their community
- Conducting an assessment of the community's alcoholism and drug abuse prevention resources and needs
- Developing and submit a Municipal Alliance Plan for the expenditure of funds derived from fines of drug offenders, for the implementation of alcoholism and drug abuse prevention activities for community members of all ages
- Coordinating prevention projects within the municipality to avoid fragmentation and duplication
Members serve 1 year terms, expiring December 31, 2024.
- Officer Nicole DeBiase
- Jill Gleeson
- Rose Jean-Baptiste
- Jason Kraska
- Gregg Puluka
- Kevin Sluka
- Officer Vito Spadea
- Theresa Bonner, Council Liaison