You need to renew your dog license every year. If you don't have a license yet, apply for a new pet license.
Need to know
- Cost is $12 for neutered or $15 for non-neutered
- Renew by January 31 every year
- Late fee is $3 in February, and $1 for each month after
Before you start
State law requires a rabies certificate valid through October 31, 2024. When you renew, you'll need to enter your dog's rabies certificate expiration date.
If your dog is newly spayed or neutered, or your dog has an updated rabies certificate, email a copy of the certificates to CBayait@SomervilleNJ.org.
Pay the license fee by online check or cash. If you have late fees, include them in your payment.
- Pay with your bank account (ACH debit transaction)
- Pay with exact cash at Borough Hall
We will mail your dog tag and license.