You need a land disturbance permit if you are doing excavation or fill work. There are 2 applications:
- Preliminary application
- Final application
Need to know
- There is no cost for the preliminary application
- Cost is $100 for final application (non-refundable)
Before you start
Prepare these materials to include with the preliminary application.
- Download the preliminary application for a land disturbance permit and complete the form.
- Prepare these materials to include with your application, including:
- Location survey or sketch showing all structures, lot lines and easements, proposed drainage patterns, retaining walls and landscaping
- Written description of the work, including the volume cubic yards of soil to be excavated or brought to the site, the square feet of proposed land disturbance, the maximum change in elevation resulting from the project and the maximum height of any proposed retaining walls
- Reasons for the work and the proposed start and end dates
- Name, address, and contact information for the landscape contractor you plan to use (if applicable)
- The source of fill to be brought to the site if applicable.
- Submit your completed preliminary application with the required materials to Borough Hall.
- We will review your preliminary application and let you know if it's complete.
Once you get approval of your preliminary application, then you can apply for a land disturbance permit.
- Download the final application for a land disturbance permit and complete the form.
- Prepare the materials to include with your application, including:
- A grading plan showing the present and proposed contour lines at no more than a one foot contour interval, together with sufficient spot elevations to show present and proposed drainage patterns prepared by a NJ licensed engineer
- Proposed measures for soil erosion and sediment control
- Any updates to the information provided in the preliminary application
- Submit your completed final application with the required materials to Borough Hall.
- Pay the $100 application fee.
- Provide a copy of your final application and supporting materials to each abutting property owner or resident/tenant.
- Submit an affidavit of proof of delivery to the Municipal Clerk.
We will review your application and let you know if we need more information.