If you need to do construction work under a public street, you need a public grounds opening permit.
Need to know
- $100 application fee, non-refundable
- Maintenance guarantee
- Not allowed, unless previously authorized:
- Temporary repair completed the same day of the opening
- Steel plates
- Other methods of maintaining a road opening overnight
Before you start
You'll need to include these with your application:
- Plan or sketch
- Insurance certificate
- Download and complete the application.
- Submit the application with your plan, insurance, W-9.
- Pay the application fee.
After you submit your application and payment, we will contact you.
You need to promptly relocate any facilities, pipes, and poles installed within the Borough right-of-way at your expense. They need to meet our standards to accommodate the installation of Borough facilities. Review the road opening restoration detail.
Your permit expires 1 year after the issue date.