Your garbage is picked up weekly. The day of the week depends on where you live.
View this map to find out what day of the week is your garbage collection day.
Garbage is not collected on the weekends, except to make up for weather delays.
Garbage collection is from 7 am to 6:30 pm.
Garbage is not picked up on:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If garbage collection is cancelled due to a holiday or poor weather conditions, it will be picked up the next day.
There are 2 options for getting rid of your grass clippings:
- Put out grass clippings with your garbage (counts as a container toward 4-bag limit)
- Put them in a brown paper bag and call (908) 704-7195 for pickup
If your garbage is not picked up
If your garbage was not picked up on it's scheduled day, it might be because:
- Container weighed over 35 lbs
- More than 4 containers were placed at the curb
- Leaves, branches, or yard waste were in the container
- Recyclable materials were in the container
- It's a holiday
- Poor weather conditions