You often need a zoning permit before you can get a building permit for your construction project.
Need to know
- Cost is $25, non-refundable
Before you start
Projects have different requirements, depending on the nature of the work. Before you apply, learn about zoning permits and prepare the required materials.
You need to include 3 copies of these documents with your application:
- Accurate survey showing the proposed location of the work, drawn to scale
- Proposed work plan, floor plan, sign, structure, pool, deck, shed, etc.
If you are applying for a Certificate of Continued Occupancy, you do not need to provide a survey but you need to include a floor plan of the tenant space.
You are also exempt from the survey requirement if you are applying for residential rooftop solar panels.
- Download the zoning permit application.
- Complete the application and gather the required materials.
- Submit the application and materials.
- Pay the application fee.
We will review your application and let you know if anything is missing.